Monday, December 1, 2008

Driving to...

So, our first stop, would be, of course, the BIG TEXAN! For those of you unaware of what awaits you in Amarillo, Texas, we apologize. But for the rest of you-we did it!
When I walked in I was in awe! I kept pointing at all of the decorations, and animal heads on the walls! Wow! And, we had a cowboy, a real cowboy, cooking our lunch!

There is alittle challenge at the Texan. If you eat the 72 ozer behind me (and the sides shown) you get it all for free. Did I mention it has to be in under an hour?

Reeder felt that I, too, could become a genuine cowboy. How do I look? Do cowboys where Gap pajamas to lunch?






Real cowGIRLS drink their milk out of purple boots, see?



Set the 60 minute timer behind us, we're ready for the steak. Yes, this is the actual head table where people have been known to inhale it all in 15 minutes. Makes you wonder why they have all the trash cans...





Sorry about the sideways pictures. I'm not sure why they saved that way. Anyway, how about the ambiance?






Texas panhandle...

















Look closely-you'll see Reeder, Dad and me. Look even closer and you'll see a lady in a fur going in for a meal.








My mom thinks she is sooo funny.










I am so bored. Why do my parents think they are so hilarious?













3 comments:

Maxanna said...

I love the last pic- of the four of you with Reeder looking sooooo bored- What fun!

Bar-b said...

was wondering when teh mudslide of pictures were coming. ummmm, texas? like, the state that I reside in? Hmph. Luckily, Amarillo is very far away from us.

Great pictures of the restaurant. Was there any one else there????

You and your roadtrips...God bless you.

Love,
us

Bloggin' from the Bayou said...

I want to know how many times Reeder watched Mickey during the 3500 miles!