Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas preparations have begun

Well, Christmas is among us at the Kappel house. I was so excited to help mom put up our nativity scene. But, I thought it needed some updating.


Then mom took us to the mall. While in, Reeder and I decided we wanted to meet Santa. Well, we waited in a huge line, where I grew a little nervous. Check out mom's shirt.

OK, this was a Santa a few days before. Notice that I thought he was fine. Kind of reminded me of Uncle Walt. NOT ANYMORE! Oh, I freaked, too. Mom says she would've made this our Christmas card photo.




Make it stop!





After recovering from that, I invited Abby to come over and help decorate a gingerbread house. Needless to say, we like decorating the insides of our mouths much better! But didn't our house turn out great? Mom says I get to smash it and eat it after Christmas. I remind her everyday of the promise.






3 comments:

Genie Bargain Shopper said...

Hayes, if and when I ever get the PC back up, thus access to the scanner, I'll share with you your grandfather's similar reaction to Santa Claus!

Genie Bargain Shopper said...

Reeder, it's so good to know that you understand the importance of taking care of your teeth! Your mom's doing a great job of getting you on the right track!

Maxanna said...

I love the pictures with Santa- guess you can get too much of a good thing. And Reeder looks so grown up decorating that gingerbread house!