Monday, December 1, 2008

BOOMER!

After two looong days in the car, we finally make it to Norman. And I mean about 15 hours total the first day, ten or so the second. But, I just watch princess movies on repeat, Hayes nursed, ate, slept on repeat. Imagine our surprise when we saw this after all that time in teh car...

Where we delirious? Maybe! But that is our wonderful Uncle Walt! And, yes, he has gold bling on his Obama shirt. Mom loved it, Dad not so much (or Aunt Earline).

Gameday. Coleman, Uncle Jason and Aunt Melissa come over to Aunt Earline's for some pregame...




I hope you notice who is in their gameday gear and who isn't.


While those crazy kids are goofing around, I prepare for myself for a long, glorious night...



Tailgaiting! My first tailgate. WOW! I couldn't get over all the Sooners I kept seeing everywhere!



Can you tell how psyched I am? It would get bitter cold later, but we were in teh mood for some football! Oh, and you can thank Aunt Earline for my fantastic new gameday outfite (sorry Tory and Ryan, I was busting out of yours).






It's getting dark, I'm so excited, kick off is coming soon... Oh, and btw, Hayes can crawl now (look in the background-but we didn't really care about that at this moment).





OMG OMG. THE PRIDE! Mom and I raced up so I could see them. You see, my dad has been waking me up to the pride of Oklahoma every day OF MY LIFE! To see them in person, what an amazing band, move over Miley Cyrus.



We're in, we're in. We are now IN Gaylord Memorial Stadium. I couldn't be more thrilled! Hayes is resting up again.


That's Boomer and Sooner and the Rufnek's. Yep, that's what they are called. I think Sooner is trying to get some of my snacks that we snuck into the stadium... No one knew how busy those horses would be at this point (they run on the field after every touchdown).

Dad was so excited to be in the game he could've cared less about 1)me on his chest or 2) smiling for the camera. He was nutso!

The beginning of the onslaught. OU is about to score their first touchdown on their way to smothering Texas Tech. Can I get a Boomer?











Hey folks! That's me, getting ready to sleep throughout the entire first half.
This is at the end of the game, Reeder is over there sleeping somewhere, I am making a show for everyone sitting behind my mom, including the nice police officer who took this picture. So what, Hayes? You slept the first half, when all the excitement was happening. I may have taken a little snooze in the second half, when we KNEW OU would win!



Don't get worried, just another part of our journey. You see, Reeder and I have been to a doctor about every week for the past six weeks. Nothing serious at all, but we had to go while in Norman. You see, I was recovering from an ear infection, which resulted in a fungus growing in my mouth, on my popo (bottom) and on my sucking thumb. So, to urgent care for some meds. The doctor had no idea what to do with an infant so we called Big Mama, she told the doc what to prescribe, voila, I am fine now.
We now have to leave Norman, we are sad to go, but the adventure must continue. This is leaving Aunt Earline and Uncle Walt's fancy new house...
Oh, and for those of you who think you are fans of a certain team, I have but one question, What does YOUR lawn look like on gameday?


Bye Uncle Walt and Aunt Earline-we love yOU! Get it, OU?






3 comments:

Amber said...

omigosh, all that ou pride. are the kids going to have choice in what school they go to? and i have to say im little surprised at uncle walt's presidential candidate choice but i always knew he was a smart man! and oh yeah BOOmer.

Bloggin' from the Bayou said...

Great Boomer gear! I love Reeder's matching shoes. Walt and Earline look great. Go Sooners!

Maxanna said...

I love the OU pics! The kids look so cute. And I do want to remind folks that I was in the stadium- watching OU play football on Saturday before Reeder and Hayes Daddy was born on the next Monday (November 15). I did miss the game 10 days later.