Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hikin' Ryan

Oh, this was the best! We got to hike a rockin' mountain in Joshua Tree! The whole fam! Dad, Mom, brover (that's how I pronounce it), Grama and Grampa. Rock on!


As you can tell it was a touch chilly that morning. It ended up hindering the hiking a bit, but we WILL go back and bag that peak!


A little warm up was definitely necessary for this day!



Come on Dad, don't be scared, I'll catch ya!




Don't be rude, that isn't the summit in the background, much higher up to the right. But, that's most of our group gettin' ready.




The rain started coming down a little harder, but we carried on (that's me on Dad's back).







The boys turned back, but GIRLS RULE! A little sun came out, we carried on...







We came down to the nice warmth of the bottom and had some male bonding time.








A little scenic view of the awesome Joshua Trees....









And the cool rocks that we jumped around on before the hike...










With all exercising, you should take a break when you think your body needs it, no need to overexert yourself. So, well, I took a break. Mom, Grama and I turned back a short distance from the summit, we didn't do the final push since we were getting a little too chilly. But, like Hayes says, we'll be back, Ryan mountain!











These are my favorite cactus plants. The jumpin' cholla! Don't get too close!











And this is Mom and I doing some much needed investigation on other plants.





Off to more adventures!










1 comment:

Amber said...

you'll get the peak next time!