Sunday, June 13, 2010

San Diego

Would you believe our luck, friends, but we got a last minute "vacay" together and headed to San Diego. But let me give you a little background, we, like always, had a little luck leading the way. First, some friends of the parentals needed us to watch their little dog. +1. Then, Ms. Kara called to ask last minute if I could watch Sully +2. Of course, Kara, I am very responsible, and Hayes loves his doggy licks (yes, Sully is a dog). Well, why don't we just stay at your gorgeous house in San Diego with your dog while your on vacation! Poof, plans made. We go to the beach city for four days while Dad has work off for Memorial Day. Fantastic. And, while we're there, we'll use our one free military free day at Sea World. This is turning out perfectly.

First morning, gotta try the Hash House. This portion was for one, but Mom and dad split it anyway. I kept the tree for a couple days to play with...

Sea World here we come. And when they let us in, beware, I am related to my mother, who is related to Big Mama, who might be one of the cheapest people on Earth. When you let Big Mama's family in, be prepared for us to get every penny out of this place. TEN HOURS! We made Sea World last ten hours! And don't worry, Mom doesn't let us get any toys, stuffed whale animals, silly straws, play games, nothing. We sprint from show to show and do all the free stuff along the way. Some kids might look forward to face painting and smoothies, nope, too expensive (trust me, I tried).

And I haven't hit the weight limit on the Ergo yet so naptime here I come!

But then we saw a nice patch of grass and took a family nap in the middle of Sea World. Yep!




Rise and shine, let's get moving, free rides to ride!



She thinks she is sooo funny. Imagine how embarassing it will be to have my parents when I'm a teenager!





The following day we hit the beach. Mom relaxes reading a book about Idaho (gotta plan our next trip) and I task her with babysitting my baby, while I hit the waves with my lil bro and Daddy-o! Good job, Mom.







Shouldn't someone be keeping a better eye on us?






This is where it starts to get fun. Playtime with Dad! He's soooo much fun. Betcha can't catch me! I'm faster than him!








And then, when I think we're gonna smash, he jumps! Whew, that was close!








My turn old man, can you top this?











And both of us? He's like a monster truck jumping cars!









Unfortunately, it's now time to leave. Dad takes the last load out to the car. All four dogs are loaded. I (Hayes) go back in for one last practical joke. Click. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I locked 'em all out! They can't get to me! That's Reed and Mom trying to negotiate for me to flip the lock. No way, Jose, I'm relaxin' in Ms. Kara and Mr. Michael's crib!














Hello! What, Mom, can't hear you, you want me to do what? Unlock the door? Ummm, nope, can't help ya.

Dad finally broke in another way, only for no one to know where the key was to actually lock the door from the outside. Hmmm, 10 minutes later Reeder remembered she put it in her pocket. Off to 29 now!












3 comments:

Maxanna said...

It looks like so much fun! Love to follow all those spontaneous vacations you have- In fact sometimes I think you just move from one vacation to the next. And the tale of the locked door is priceless. Way to go Hayes- keeping up the excitement to the very end.

Brandy said...

Great joke Hayes! I did that once, except I was in a VW van. You're years ahead of me buddy!

Amber said...

i am so glad you got a little vacay! very cute story about hayes locking you out and reeder having the key all along! and ps love reeder's cabbage patch kid!