Sunday, June 13, 2010

Desert Rats

When you live in the desert, you just have to embrace it. This means embracing 105 degree heat as May turns to June. This means embracing winds so fierce that sometimes you can't walk without holding your Mom's hand for fear of blowing away. But, when the wind isn't too bad, and the heat allows you to walk from the car to the pool, you can enjoy some nice desert fun.

And when all of these happen to occur on, gasp, a weekend, you can enjoy it with your Dad! Here's to sliding, Dad!



But, on the days when it's too hot for even your mother, who claims she lived in the desert once, to leave the house before 5, you get the evening hours to enjoy the great outdoors. And luckily, my Mom loves me so much that she bought me an $8 slip in slide at the local Wal Mart (24 miles away).


And while the sun sets, we turn it on and take off! I love the slip and slide!



Swimmers, take your marks...




Bam! Notice Hayes peaking around to get a better look at how this is done!





And if you happen to get really good, like me, (notice the air), you stay out as long as possible. Even the 6:15 sprinklers won't stop me!






You may wonder what desert rats like Hayes and me do in a small town. Well, my friends, I'll tell ya, we go to the drive-in of course! Our first ever lunchable and fruit roll ups. I made our pizzas, Hayes ate the roll ups, me, I opted for the blueberries.






As you can see Hayes really enjoy my pizza.









And I just loved the whole thing!








Other things desert rats do to have fun-find air conditioning places during the day. And this leads to our first ever visit to Chuck E. Cheese. The place was AMAZING!
And for those of you who unfortunately don't know my mother too well, she has an OBSESSION with air hockey. She claims to have a winning record against everyone-including my dad. Well, not today, Mommy, she lost to yours truly! But, you ever want to see my mom sweat and get animated, challenge her to a game!









And I don't think anyone should be surprised that my favorite thing at the Cheese was the monster truck! I rode it over and over and over
and over
and over again.












While I preferred to dunk and alien. I won TONS of tickets at this one. So many, in fact, that I got glitter and pink nail polish!













And I kept riding the monster truck...






These desert rats are heading to the midwest tomorrow! Can't wait to see what's in store for us there!









2 comments:

Maxanna said...

I love the monster truck! And Reeder looks like the expert of the slip and slide! Way to go Reeder! And way to go Mommy for finding so many fun things to do in the middle of a desert:)

Brandy said...

Wow! You guys definitely know how to liven up the desert! What fun!