Friday, March 5, 2010

Flags and Zoo

I can find adventure anywhere! You want me to prove it? Here goes...

We had to take our little Hayesyboy to the doctor the other day. See, he's got a nasty rash on his body. Ended up bein' nothin' but weak (yes, weak) genes (that I don't have) from Papa Jerry. Eczema boy, is what I call him now! Two creams and a zyrtec later, he'll be fine, if lubed up the rest of his life.

Well, when leaving, the hospital was getting ready for a ceremony, and I love flags! So, we went around and found all the flags of the places I've lived. Found Oklahoma and Ohio, too-Mom trying to make this educational or something.

So, here's Cali, our home land right now...

And my birthplace-Florida (thanks to the phone a friend, Aunt Shannon, for helping us locate it with a good description....)



And then we went to the living desert, a great zoo in Palm Springs. Weird, but TONS of old people. It was an old people zoo, with just a few kids looking at stuff. Even the show was FULL of oldies, just, like, five kids, 50 seniors! Weird...


I would like to go back EVERYDAY! Check out this train exhibit, incredible, and it was HUGE! Gotta check it out when you come to visit. AMAZING! Did you catch on that I liked this place?




Mom thought this was funny...






Yeehaw! Ridin' the warthog!





This one's out of order, oops. Anyway, the train exhibit bridge. Wowzers. And that's my friend Tory, who came with us (her Momma came, too).








And there was a warthog my size, too!








Oooh, and a great butterfly/hummingbird area. Hey, Aunt Brandy, remind you of anything?










I think this zoo was a little more artsy than most due to all the old farts. Lots of sculptures everywhere. Decided I should kiss the mountain lion.



And probably so the oldies from Palm Springs can entertain their grandkids, or great grandkids, there was a great carousel for all of us to ride-even Mom!













And on the way out I asked Mom veeerrry nicely if she would kindly take ONE more pic of me by the beautiful flowers. Oh, and Hayes and I LOVE old people, so we hope you realize that none of the above comments are meant in anyway to be derogatory (of course I know that word).















2 comments:

Amber said...

is it an old people zoo in that there are grandparents in cages? and where are the real animals? it looks fun though!

Brandy said...

Of course I know that butterfly! How did you get it to Palm Springs? I love all the pics, Happy Hay Day Hayes! I'm glad you had so much fun!