Alright, step one, we gotta get a good breakfast in our bellies. Let's say....Crossroads Cafe in Joshua Tree will do, thank you very much (thanks, Dad, for the suggestion). Yum, yum!!
Well, Reeder and Mom went to the kids section where Reeder got to get in a giant birds' nest...
Highlight, highlight, CHECK THIS OUT! We happen to be there on the only day, where, once a month, they FEED ALL THE SNAKES! Holy Toledo! Let's watch! You see the mouse right in front of me, that snake is heading in my direction!
Reeder was intrigued, obsessed, in love, whatever, she watched every one eat it's mice. Last ones in the snake house, didn't leave til all the mice were eaten (some were ignored by non-hungry snakes).
I am more of a turtle guy, I must say. A little less aggressive (since I am not aggressive at all).
And, of course, we have to stop at the carousel on the way out. And since we were the only ones on the thing, we sang Happy Birthday VERY loudly as we went around and around!
Upon arriving home I was fortunate enough to get to open my last two presents, from my beloved family. And, like most times, I loved Reeder's help...
Cranky! He's awesome!
3 comments:
I am so glad Hayes had a such a great birthday weekend! And Reeder is much braver than me...I won't even go into the reptile house let alone watch as they devour a few mice. Reeder should definitely take her makeup skills to the red carpet next year!
Love the pics! You guys can make an "empty desert" look pretty.
-A K
I'm thinking Reeder has talent with a makeup brush- so intense. And I think I'll wait outside when you guys visit the reptile house here in Cincy- I'm with Amber on that one.
Love the pics!
What an adventure for a birthday- maybe you all can help Granpa Don and me with our bit 62 next year- We'll just celebrate for days!
Post a Comment