Sunday, October 25, 2009

DADDY'S HOOOOOOOME!!!!!

Our Daddy came home just in time for some pumpkin patch fun!! Wahoo for us! One problemo, he leaves again today, has to go back for the final push. So, we have a sort of tradition in our home-Halloween is NOT a family holiday. In fact, we've never all been together on Halloween. Three time 'cause of the USMC, once 'cause Mom rushed Hayesy and me to Colorado to wait Leo's impending birth. Whatever the reason, we're still waiting to be a family on Halloween. But, don't you think that there are far more important holidays that we HAVE been together? That's what we think, too!

So, we went to Bates Nut Farm for all the festivities you could imagine!

Oooh, I loved it too! A hay ride pulled by two HUGE horses! Neigh Neigh!

I gazed out at the open land dreaming of my wonderful family!


We also got to do a straw maze! It was awesome fun! I love mazes!


This is us finding one of our stamping stations throughout the maze. Dad loved it, reminded him of geocaching (which he's been doing a lot of while at "school":))




OK, time to reminisce here for just a sec. Enjoy the next 5 photos.
2009.... Valley Center, CA






2009...






2006....Orlando, FL







2007.... Casselberry, FL








2008 Boulder, CO









Did you enjoy the little time capsule? Back to reality. Hayes and I picked our pumpkins, then had to figure out a way to get them back to the car....










Gotta love the cut out photo ops!











Let the carving begin! (Notice I also got my face painted). I wasn't real excited about getting my hands all gooey and messy, so mom did most of that, I picked a few seeds out with a spoon, but that was the extent of my participation in the inside. On the outside, however, I drew my own pumpkin face!












And I ran around with my pants off carrying Mom's pumpkin wherever I thought necessary.













Dad did let me carve just once!


But, you'll have to wait until Oct 31 to see the finished product! Till then, my friends...













3 comments:

Maxanna said...

Looks like so much fun! And I love the pictures- especially the trip down memory lane. So cute! So very cute!

Amber said...

Loved the pictures of past halloweens! They grow up so fast!

Shan said...

reason #957 to get a bob