Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ooooooooo-klahoma!

Please take your seats, put your tray tables to their full and upright positions, Reeder, turn off your ipod, I'm taking us to Tulsa! Wahoo! We've gotta go PAR-TAY with Granddad Frank and Grandma Fay-85th and 75th birthdays, respectively.

There's the man of the weekend! That's the infamous......Granddad Frank! Oh, and that's baby Mikayla in Grama's arms. I am SO in love with her. Couldn't hold her enough! And, ooooh, how I miss her already! Look behind 'em, Mikayla's mom is always keeping a close eye on things!




And I needed to give Aunt Melissa some major love! We only got to see them for such a short time, but I make every moment count!


And would you believe it? Uncle Walt AND Coleman came to the birthday party. And, notice Uncle Walt's outfit, head to toe. THAT, my friends, is a TRUE Sooner fan!





And this, my friends, it a good Sooner family!





I even gave Uncle Walt a big, juicy hug (that's what I call them, notice his socks...)

Shhh, baby Mikayla, we're in heaven.











We HAD to try Dad's favorite ice cream at his favorite ice cream shop since he bailed on the trip (well, he IS at some school, so I guess he didn't REALLY bail on purpose). Anyway, strawberry shortcake (with vanilla ice cream), from Braum's. (Mom isn't a huge fan, prefers Graeter's)



But we love it Dad!












Then we got to go to the Tulsa State Fair. Which Mom didn't really understand. I mean, Tulsa is a city, so why is it the state fair? Shouldn't it be the Oklahoma state fair of the Tulsa City fair, or the county fair? Who knows? They do do things a little differently in Oklahoma!











That's us getting ready to fish at the fair. Mom, cousin Deseree (they dressed the same-weirdos) and me! In my new Oklahoma sweatshirt, thanks Aunt Karen!











Aunt Sarah was very proud of her catch!











And I was, too!













In the confusion, Grama Max accidentily got on the ferris wheel with Taylor and me. She wasn't too thrilled!














I loved the fair. And all of Oklahoma. I even made it clear to anyone that would listen that I wanted to stay there forever. But, well, I'm typing this from California so you can see where that got me.
















That's Taylor and me-monster truck time!
















At this point my dad would make some crass comment about University of Texas. Well, I will just say that it was neat to touch the longhorns. But, Dad, don't worry, I won't go there, I won't think about it, I don't like Texas AT ALL. You happy?













Why does my mom think she is so funny?




















Pony ride! Thanks for the assistance Aunt Brandy. Where's Mikayla? Can I hold her?





















You may wonder why there is a picture of our hotel bathroom....








Peek a Boo!


And as the third day of the party came to a close, I was just too excited to go any longer at Granddad and Grandma's house. Mom put me to bed, and I dreamt of Oklahoma.



The Kappel Lucas kids and Grandkids that made the trip.





Group shot with Uncle Walt and Aunt Earline. There is some story about when my dad was little and went to their house, the rest is, well, history!





This was my pregame pump up exercise. I guess I should've done it a few more times....






At Granddad's before I went into maniac mode and had to be put to sleep.





Grama Max and Aunt Boo took me into the petting zoo at the fair. It was awesome!






Do you notice how mean our Greats are being to us? Our Mother, humphhh! She just NEEDED a pic with them, didn't she? I hope you like it Mom!








And that, folks, is the whole she-bang, the whole Reeder/Kappel/Lucas/Moore family celebrating Granddad's 85th and Grandma's 75th birthday! Happy Birthday to both of you!





One more kiss for mom before I go....




4 comments:

Maxanna said...

I had an absolutely wonderful time- what a celebration. I was so proud of all the grands and great grands for making this a birthday to remember for my Dad and Fay.
It was one incredible party:)

Sarah Marie & Adam Robert said...

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF HAYES EATING ICE CREAM. HIS SMILE MAKES ME WANT TO BE AROUND HIM ALL DAY. SURE IS A HAPPY BOY!

Amber said...

It was great seeing you all and spending some QT with everyone! But no pics with your awesome roommate and pseudo nanny/assistant, Boo! Next time!

Brandy said...

Don't worry Reeder, Mikayla has talked about you ever since we came home. She can't wait for you to hold her over Thanksgiving. Wonderful pics, we had a great time!