Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mammoth Cave

We even got a little family bonding time while our Dad was in town. We left the chaos of the big city behind us and went to Kentucky. For a little backcountry living.

Mammoth Cave, folks. Mammoth Cave National Park to be precise.

Immediately upon getting out of the car we crossed paths with our first wild animal. And, since I am now such a great photographer, Mom lets me take control with the camera these days. Pretty good shot, no cropping needed.


This might be one of the most exciting things that has happened to me so far in my life. Upon arrival, I checked it at the ranger station and accepted my tasks. I needed to earn 5 bat points to receive my Junior Ranger Badge. I worked feverishly over the next three hours. I had to count animals in the park, do a maze, answer questions about what should be in a cave, and much, much more. Then, I returned where this Ranger went through my answers VERY carefully, and awarded my certificate and badge.

Junior Ranger Reeder, thank you very much. And when we discussed where I could be a ranger when I grow up, I decided that it would be best to put me in whichever National Park is closest to my parents. Which is also my answer when discussing possible colleges.


We spent the night, only to awaken and go on an early morning run with our Dad.



And then off on a beautiful hike. A little different scenery than 29 palms, don't you think?



Absolutely breathtaking.






And sometimes we stop and take breaks.














After a break I was teaching Dad some stretching exercises.







And then how to flap his wings. He did a great job, don't you think?



That's a wrap, my friends, I can now sleep a little better knowing I've opened the window a little bigger for you to take a peak at our awesome lives!






1 comment:

Lucas said...

Looks like fun and I LOVE Reeders outfit!