Sunday, March 1, 2009

Horsin' Around

What a wonderful weekend we have had. As many of you may know, I love ponies. Specifically, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Starsong, Thistle Whistle and the other my little ponies. And since we have pony parties daily, my parents thought taking me to REAL ponies would be a good idea. FYI, the infamous dollhouse that I got from Santa, it's strictly used to house ponies, the people have been put to the wayside.

That's Hayes and Tom, having a standoff.



Dad was daydreaming about Granddad's farm. Said it was the smell...


I helped ease Reeder into the idea of touching the crazy animals. See, nothing to be afraid of...

And then, after quite a bit of discussion (that started at breakfast), I decided that I did, indeed, want to RIDE the pony. I was wavering very seriously between riding and watching. In the end, I think I made the right decision. But as I do with so many things in my young life, decisions are not to be made rashly (I hope my mom reads this).






And for a whopping $2 on base, you get the pony-no lie. And you don't even have to pay until you get back. They just sent us on our way... My ponies name is Bobby Sox.





Cowgirl Reeder. You'll notice that while we were waiting I decided to play with the dirt. Hence, my face and shoulders are covered!






And we kept on riding...






Off into the sunset...











4 comments:

Genie Bargain Shopper said...

Oh, this is a treasure! Way to go, cowgirl!

Don said...

I think that cowgirl needs a hat, something with a brim and a string to go under her chin so it doesn't blow off.

Bloggin' from the Bayou said...

Yee-haw! You'll be roping cattle in now time.

Maxanna said...

The pictures are fantastic- great work with the camera. And tell Reeder how very brave Grama Max thinks she is- I'm still a bit afraid of horses- They are so VERY BIG. And have never ridden except when led around just like she was.
PS And riding horses is not on my "to do" list for retirement- pre or post!