Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mom, are we really about to drive 1100 miles?

For those of you who don't already know-our mom is nuts! She was talking to Aunt Biz one morning, next thing you know, mom's crying and telling us that we NEED to go to Boulder. Babies make people do crazy things. So, two hours later, we got on the road. Nothing but open road up ahead, like, 1100 miles of open road!

This was in case I got hungry and was desperate enough to take a bottle. Fat chance, mom. But, you see that's a nice way of defrosting breast milk-for some other kid.

Not long into the trip I realized that I was going to have to sleep some of this in order to make the time go by...

Surprise! I finally got to meet my Aunt Brandy and Uncle Willie. Vegas is only about five hours from us, so we stopped for the night. Leaving only eleven hours for the next day.
Aunt Brandy thought I could use some work on my running form.
Ahh, to stretch the legs, feel some solid ground beneath my bum.
And I thought I could teach her a few things on the slide.

The crew. Uncle Willie is carefully holding baby bear, Edgar, George and Hayes' blanket.

The next day was gorgeous. Northern Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Colorado. That's a lot of new states for us to add to our lists.
More scenery. Enjoy.
Our mom is pretty extreme, I mean, taking pics from a car. Wow, mom, you go girl. Maybe some day you will explore the world.
Sunset. We were hoping to make it by now, but, well, we didnt. Reeder and I did great on the trip. I cried for about 45 minutes around Vail, but that didn't stop anyone. Reeder watched tv most of the way, I snuck it from her when she fell asleep.




1 comment:

Bloggin' from the Bayou said...

Wow, what a trip! Are you sure you want to fly to Colorado in a couple of weeks?!