skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Scampin'
Another adventure to report with my crazy family. Scampin'. No longer camping, but Scampin'. There are a few reasons for the new word. First off, we rented the Scamp again. Remember the trailer thing we slept in and almost froze to death when Hayes was just a baby? Well, we got it again. The other reason, we were roughly ten miles from home with more people than live in our subdivision. So, it wasn't really camping. In fact, Uncle Stephen was teasing me because you could get firewood delivered. If he only knew...So this is pretty cool. We camped on the beach. Well, scamped on the beach. We were also only away from home for 17 hours. This was our scampsight...
Here I am, hanging out of the Scamp. You can see our umbrella on the beach on the right. Yes, we took our bikes, too. It was a good time. Uncle Stephen, there was even a playground just down the road, yes, road.
But, the dogs were able to come, too, so that was fun.
This was my awesome little bed. I loved it!
I had mom take this pic so you could see the shear number of people that were with us.
Mmmmm, hot dogs on a hanger. Good thing dad burned the colorful toxic paint off of them first. At least mom makes sure Hayes eats organic and I drink out of biosphenol free bottles.
Oh, here's another one to show how remote we were. Those are the "cabanas" at the top of the hill. And those are the next few scampsites next to ours. At least we had those lush bushes to give us some privacy.
Delicious dogs, dad!
Helping the old man out...
Now for the real treat, s'mores.
Delicious.
Look closely and you can imagine me down there in the pack n play. I know I haven't made many appearances, just pretend that Hawk participated. Anyway, that's us, fast asleep at 730. My bed time is 730 at home, so even though mom and dad were going to let me stay up late I didn't want to. Dad wanted to take a walk with me on the beach, I responded "no thanks, Dad, it's too late. Nap time, now". So, off to bed I went.
6 comments:
It looks like wonderful fun! I do believe Reeder was really enjoying herself on this trip- But why wouldn't she- perfect little bed- hotdogs, smores- and of course the beach! I do believe that more people live on the down side of this big state. We just got back from the Avenue of the Giants (in Humbolt State Park) the most awesome collection of old growth Redwood trees in the world (which means in all of California since they do not grow anyplace but a narrow sliver of land in Northern California). But we almost had the place to ourselves- we weren't camping- but we did see a few tents- old style- no RV or trailers- maybe we saw 20 in the 30 mile stretch of park and campsites. The info said there were so few people in this park is because you cannot get a decent cappuccino for miles. But your trip looks like so much fun! And I love the pics! Grama Max
I love Reeders grubby little face. That's EXACTLY how a kids face should look while scamping. In fact, I think I have a few pictures of myself with that same leftover s'more face when I was camping as a kid. :)
17 hours of pure fun! It's all over Reeder's face, scampin' is a blast! - aunt b
Camping wait I mean scamping on the beach... How cool! Looks like lots of fun!
scampin' looks like a lot of fun! and even the dogs got to partake! (see, girls, they really do love you!) aunt boo
These were great MK. So glad to *see* you all again. The beach scamping trip sounded fantastic. Great pictures of Reed 3.14, her old man and the new dude in the house. You look beautiful.
Big heartfelt kisses to you and yours,
miss you,
barbie
Post a Comment