Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

Back in the car, heading home. Another 1100 miles to get back. But, while we were in Boulder, all the mountains started changing. So, we were able to see beautiful colors on the way back. And we got some snow, but we'll get to that in a minute.

I'm just glad my mom didn't wake me up to show me this one. Pretty cool, though. Maybe I'll google that company.
Instead of taking the most direct path, leave it to our mom for some sightseeing. She only added four hours of drive time to go through parts of Utah. It was gorgeous, and we were able to see... a cow?

It rained pretty much all day but that didn't deter us. We still took the windy backroads and saw some amazing scenery. Not the most picturesque, but amazing anyway. Look closely, below, and you can see the sleet/snow across our car.
The visibility wasn't the best, but that's alright. Check the video below for a passenger view or mom driving. A little reckless.
In the middle of all this nasty weather, duty called. I had to go potty. So we pulled over at the closest viewing area and went. Luckily there were other people there to take the pic-they were under an umbrella!
Should our mom be taking photos while driving? I'm glad I'm facing backwards.

Zion! The skies cleared up a little when we got to Zion National Park. It was breathtaking!
I was considering letting mom and Hayes finish the trip alone. But, I turned back and reconsidered.
I do love my sis. We both got to wear gg's, all day!
Cute Kappel kids.
Ta da!


I don't want to get back in the car!

Bye, Zion, we'll be back!
And we got to see some more red rocks on the way home with Uncle Willie and Aunt Brandy! Neither Reeder nor I were in the best of moods so we didn't hang out too long.
We definitely saw a lot of the beautiful West on this little excursion.
I was exhausted from all the hiking.
Enjoy my mom's crazy driving. I hope USAA doesn't raise her rates.







2 comments:

Maxanna said...

You are crazy! Maybe even certifiably crazy! I'm glad I didn't know ahead of time! I was terrified as it was of you and my babies driving across the mountains- this video pushed me right over the edge! I love you! Grama Max

GerryG said...

They are in fact Cute Kappel kids! I can not believe be have have spoken...I really do miss you guys. I am one of your Kapple stockers, and I always will be!

XOXOXO
Ger~