Saturday, August 16, 2008

30

Hello to everyone! Marianne here! I know, this is my first ever blog so I hope it goes well. Hayes taught me how to download photos, Reeder showed me the keyboard. As some of you know, I just turned the big 3-0. What many of you don't know-the details of my fantastic week. I haven't even debriefed Elizabeth with details because I think I still may be exhausted. I thought some pics and stories would be the best way to do this. Without further ado, my big 3-0, blog style.



I'm gonna start a little sappy. I'm not the biggest fan of Southern California. There, I said it. I hope no one is too offended. I am not quite fitting in like I have in the other five places Clint and I have lived. It's a bit of a struggle, sometimes overwhelming. So, my birthday festivities couldn't have hit at a better time. I had one of the best weeks of my life, probably when I needed it most. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. But that shouldn't be too surprising, I was crying texting Erin when she had left and just thought she'd let me know her plane was about to take off.



Enough of that. We will go chronologically now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.



Cast of Characters (think Reservoir Dogs, here).



Shannon and Wyatt arrive on Tuesday, July 28 into San Diego.



Hayes fell in love immediately. Also to note, Wyatt did not appreciate Shannon giving any attention whatsoever to Hayes. He could hold HWK, no problem. But keep his mom away! A little bio inf0-Shannon became known simply as SLP (Shannon Littrell Photography) the rest of the week. She also enjoys sleeping on the couch we have in the garage with the wolf blanket. (Flashback to Casselberry). Oh, and ps, we should've known how the week would turn out-the Earthquake hit while we were on our way home from the airport. Clint felt it at work, friends felt it here, but I think we were too busy talking to feel a thing.



I couldn't believe what a little man he has become (tears again). Has it only been nine months? Nine months-that's, literally, a lifetime! Ahh, I miss the Florida chicks.
And the kids. Reeder and Wyatt fell right back into life again. Love one minute, hate the next.
This was when the first saw each other at the airport. It took about ten seconds for them to realize what had been missing these last few months.



Next character, in order of appearance. Maria, my San Clemente chick. She came over one evening and met Shannon, and forgot the promised brownies (but I'm not holding a grudge).


Then Maria, Shannon and I took our kiddos to the circus. It was great fun. And it's always a good time to skip naptime when your kids are on as strict a routine as the Marine Corps :)!
Reeder said her favorite part was the elephants, I would have to agree. Maybe she got that idea from somewhere...
We may have had two seats, but I had all the kids cuddling on my lap very quickly.
The boys' favorite-the motorcycles. Really, there are seven in that little ball!

Next came Morley. Aunt Erin to you, kids. She absolutely rocked! To put it simply, I am the president of the ECM fanclub. If you'd like to join you must simply send a short essay on why you'd like her as a bridesmaid. I will be accepting applications continuously. Erin's quote of the week when returning from our grocery store one of the last nights, "Ralph's is completely out of Michelob Ultra". That's right, we bought 'em out. Erin is also really kind about telling me nicely that I need to chill out. I call it not being Morley-like, I'll work on it. I just come from a little rougher mother than Erin (I love you tons, BM).




Next on the list, Leila. Reeder is still asking about Leila. I told Reeder that I needed to call a friend earlier today. Leila? Call Leila. Leila won second in the babysuperstar competition to Erin. And maybe she will petition the judges because I would have never expected Leils to be, well, matronly. I think her clock is starting to tick-watch out Shawn! Leila and Erin flew into John Wayne airport only fifteen minutes apart-making that airport run more than convenient! It is now Thursday, July 31. A couple things about Leils-she is definitely "the gambler". I think she may go pro. Also, to be rude and throw an inside joke for those who attended, don't forget the Leila has some weird underwear habits.... Oh, I just remembered-Leila referred to my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook as an instruction manual! I love you Leils!
Next, enter Andrea. She is another San Clemente chick. I first met Andrea 'cause she and Morley went to NAU together. Now, we've become amigas and it was a double reason for Erin to fly out here!
Andrea's quote when Kara wondered allowed why Southern Cal is so green, "the misuse of our water and overuse of the Colorado river that simply can't sustain our irresponsibilities....." (add more big words, please).


Once that group got all together we headed to the San Diego Zoo on Friday. I absolutely love the Zoo and take anyone that will go. We head down there often (I guess you know by the blog). Anyway, I didn't take many pics at all this week so I only have a couple of our super nannies...

Aunt Erin and Wyatt
Maternal Leila and Hayes


After the zoo we went and picked up Kara, who just moved to San Diego about a month ago. So, in Clint's Pathfinder we had me, Erin, Hayes, Shannon, Leila, Kara, Wyatt and Reeder. All the kids shared crying on the way home. I don't think Leils, Kara or Morley will ever have children after that ride. Actually, Kara said that she will never take her kids to the zoo.


A few things to note about Kara. First off, she has been diagnosed by Dr. Kappel with tanarexia. If you are unfamiliar, just watch Project Runway. Also, I'm not really sure what to call her and Leila but I now know that there is a major difference between dork and nerd. Who knew?
Erin, Kara, me
Leila, Shannon. You will notice that we may have started drinking when it was still light out. Well, the ride home was rough....


And when we arrived home, who was waiting to join in the festivities? Ms. Antoinette Marjanovic! Engaged about a week, she will be simplifying her name to Mrs. Love next May. Nettie could only party that night, recruiting....

Alright, so one more addition. Alicia. She's really Maria's friend, but I will try to sneak in on that action. They were ready for a night on the town, I didn't want to shower, get in a car, or do much of anything after that day at the zoo. Well, I hope the very animated sex conversation helped them realize they made the right decision not to take this group in public!




The entire crew, minus skyline dip.
Now for the big reason everyone came out... Saturday night. My b-day did not arrive until Tuesday but we had a few working stiffs that took the weekend to party. So, we went to Morongo Casino and Resort in Palm Springs for the night. My fantastic husband had our two and Wyatt for the 24 hour excursion. We got there, had our first cocktail poolside by 1. After learning all there is to know about tanning, we floated the lazy river, ate some lazy lunch, pumped a few times, and got dolled up for a night out in the casino...
Oh, backtrack, this is us in our room when we first arrived.
Let the night begin, I will let you make up your own captions...






















I had an absolutely fantastic time!


And in case I forgot anything I wrote down a few things while driving yesterday to sum up the week...


The girls killed our airmattress, I think everyone is successfully hooked on Flipping Out, "we get smarter the more we drink", we ate more taquitos than I'd like to admit to my trainer, SLP is addicted to Skyline, go back up and check out all the chips Leila and Andrea won at the Casino, In N Out burger-this group of girls were so confused, I still have two pairs of unclaimed underwear, we went through more toilet paper than a women's room at a frat party.


To sum up, I am so grateful to all of you chick to take the time, money, vacation days and most of all-the energy-to spend this time with me! I had an incredible time with everyone and love thinking back and realizing that you are all mine! I have the greatest friends and love you all!


Thanks for all the partying, socializing, late night problem solving and friendships!


Love, Marianne









3 comments:

Bloggin' from the Bayou said...

Happy 30th! Looks like you gals had a wonderful time! Sorry I missed it.
love,b

Don said...

Wow, I got tired and needed a nap- or an AA meeting just reading the blog! But what fun- and you are right- you do have wonderful friends! But you guys are absolutely gorgeous. I loved the pics- of everyone- And tell all we hope to see everyone when we all get back to Cincy! Max

Katy said...

Marianna
It was GREAT reading about your b-day adventure!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time... how's the big 30? It'll be my turn soon (in about 11 weeks.. eekk!!)
We miss you here in O-town... holding down the MM fort (at least trying too! LOL)

-Katy