Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dad and the Mud Run

World famous mud run is what they call it. Dad entered. So, we walked the mile or so down to the start line. I was excited to get in the mud!



10k, some day. But, Hayes and I had to pretend we were going to do it. Maybe in a few years...

Good luck dad!




Dad was the VERY last person to cross the start line. He was enjoying hanging out with us so had to walk the first part of the race until it cleared up a little. But isn't he a stud?



And since it was on base we always have a little military feel to things. You see, we have what is called the Wounded Warrier Battallion here. It's where injured Marines go for therapies and comraderie. Below are some members or the battallion with the orange vests on denoting that they are blind runners, and swimmers, too, since there was a portion of the race through a lake. Pretty impressive, don't you think?





Mom thought this was funny.






I was so excited to see him, until I realized how dirty he was! Brief hug, then I got the towel to clean off what little mud transferred to my clean body.







Good job daddy! I was pretty obsessed with the fact that his knee was bleeding. And yes, Aunt boo, we LOVE his long hair!







Another opportunity for me ot join in the action, but the water was SOOO cold. But I loved it!










I left dad to go shower with the chicks!










Again, our mom thinks dad is a stud and that you needed a showering picture of our dad. Gross. Super gross.











Dad and I stayed behind because I said I wanted to go in the mud puddles. Nope, I changed my mind, but Hayes and Mom were already back at hom so Dad and I hoofed it alone. Maybe next year I'll get muddy....














2 comments:

Amber said...

the 10k looks like a lot of fun! i love the pictures of hayes in the shower with the girls--ladies man!

Maxanna said...

Clint does look like a STUD! Good job capturing his "essence".
And I agree with Reeder- Playing in the mud always sounds better in theory than in reality!
Love you! Grama Max