Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy 233rd Birthday Marine Corps!

Happy Birthday Marines!

OK, now some explaining from me, Reeder. Before we EVEN go to Sunday night, I need to tell you about the weekend. So, I'm not feeling real well toward the end of last week. Does my mom notice? Nope. So, on Saturday, I am so burning hot that she only begins to notice because she is effected (getting hot when snuggling with me). So, after discussing the pros and cons of going to a doctor on a Saturday (missing OU football, no co-pay) she decides that she can, afterall, worry a bit about her firstborn. Off to the kids weekend doc. Get in, 104.8. You heard me right. Thank goodness OU was smothering Texas A&M or goodness knows when she would've taken me in. Two hours later, a chest x-ray and chocolate cake from the hospital, I have PNEUMONIA! My dad thinks Roosevelt had pneumonia. Anyway, because my parents are so understanding, they decide that the Marine Corps ball must go on. They pump me full of antibiotics and haul Hayes and me to Laughlin, Nevada, where the ball will be, for reasons I can't figure out. Anyway, the drive there was terrible. Not off to a good start. We make it there as my fever starts going up again-maybe mom could've made giving me meds throughout the day a higher priority. Nope. Luckily, Aunt Brandy came from Vegas or mom and dad probably would've left us in the room alone. I'm pretty shy, haven't seen Aunt B in a while, so that took some warming up, too. Our wonderful room was underneath the renovations, so we were able to hear constant drilling until 7 pm. Great. Well, mom decides that I need the heavy stuff-Motrin-so dad goes looking. Not in our casino, not in Laughlin, but had to go to Bullhead City. He get's back at 6 (they were supposed to be in the Colonel's room at 5). They proceed to get dressed-both looked fabulous-then, poof, they're gone. But Hayes and I went to bed before they left so Brandy had little to do. Until she started freaking out about my fever, kept coming in the room, I wake up, freak out, go back to bed. All is quiet again. Until our folks come back to change on their way to the after party. Nope, HWK FREAKS!!! Mom stays behind, snuggling me (I was a bit needy) and nursing Hayes. Quiet resumes. 3:30 am. Hayes freaks, mom cusses, Aunt Brandy asks to help, dad takes Hayes, screaming continues until we finally get up around 6:30. I'm feeling much better.

Now, for everyone's take on the ball:
Me-I would appreciate it if we could stay as a family unit, play My Little Pony and read books when I am sick. A lot of snuggling, too.
Hayes-He would appreciate if mom would somehow reattach him to her so he could constantly nurse, especially in new places.
Mom-Loved the ball! Keeps talking about how she had so much fun getting dressed up (they haven't been to a ball since 2005) and spending alone time with my dad.
Dad-He thinks the drive was awful, the food was awful, mad it was a buffet, the hotel was quite disgusting, the coin was cheap, Laughlin was gross, the construction was annoying, the drink prices were more expensive in the ball than out in the casino
Aunt Brandy-Probably wondering why she drove four hours round trip and kenneled her dogs so she could watch Sunday Night football alone in a nasty hotel room.
Poncho and Lefty-they would appreciate if we never left them again, they were kenneled quite a bit while we were gone (but Ms. Karla did come over and feed, play and walk them)

So, without further ado, here are the ball pics!








I had to put the below pic in because mom spent some time on Saturday watching Youtube to figure out a hairstyle. A bit messy, but I thought she did a great job.

And, by the end of the trip I loved Aunt Brandy again. If you look closely you will see that I am even holding her shoulder. Thanks for coming, Aunt B!


5 comments:

Shan said...

WOW! You guys look dead sexy!
You clean up real nice Muskrat!

Bloggin' from the Bayou said...

I can't believe you had energy to blog after you got home! I stared into oblivion until going to bed at 8pm. Way to not hold anything back! I did have a great time (minus the jackhammer) and loved seeing you guys. love, Aunt B

Bar-b said...

You looked hot! California was the best thing that ever happened to you MK (girlie wise). Nice job on the up do...I second shan...dead sexy.

Now, your fever story was TERRIBLE. I was sitting at the edge of my seat reading you day/night. Glad all is well. 104.7 is no joke. Poor baby.

Oh and btw, keep the blog material coming ;) love your new pace sister.

Shelbyroo said...

haha. beautiful dress and sounds like a fun time! although most 'fun' probably goes hand in hand with 'stress' for a parent. =] thanks for commentin on my stuff! im glad to be a happy blogger now. and uh...the police car...yeeeaaaah hahaha. =] what can i say?
<3

Genie Bargain Shopper said...

Clint, what goes around comes around. This brings back memories of when YOU were this age!