Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Coloween

Before we get started I have to apologize for two things. One, I uploaded pics very out of order. I think blogger changed something, but it may have just been me. So, every five pictures is weird. That's alright. Secondly, I will apologize to Barbie. She gave my mom a hard time because Hayes and I blog in bulk. She would prefer little bloggies. We'll work on that.

On tap for us-we are heading to Nevada this weekend for the Marine Corps Birthday! Aunt Brandy is meeting us at the hotel so mom and dad can go celebrate! Then, we're off to a crazy Thanksgiving which includes driving to Norman, Tulsa, Durant and Dallas. So, keep checking back.


How many eight month old's can say that they went to a presidential rally? That's right, stop one on our Colorado trip-a Barack Obama rally. Votes are being counted right now and it looks like we supported the winner. We also went to vote with mom today-Reeder got to press the "enter" and "cast ballot" buttons-she voted for the big O! So, the next pics are us, in Denver, seeing Barack. We couldn't actually see him from our spot but when Aunt Biz balanced precariously on both of our strollers she managed to see a man gesticulating at the podium (yes, Aunt Shannon, I just used that word).
This isn't REALLY Barack, but close enough. That's Eden in the purple.

Wahoo! Mom, George, Hayes and me at the rally!


Remember the backwards pics? Well, this is when we were heading to the Irvin's from the airport. We rented a hot minivan-a lot like Grampa Don's.

"The Pit". Eden and I had a great time making forts, tents, and pits out of the multipurpose couch.


"The Car Wash". Eden's rocking horse doubled as a car wash.

Making blueberry bars. There was a lot of discussion as to whether these were bars or desserts. Umm, healthy bars.



That's my main man, Leo. He got some A-1 momma snuggle time.

The whole crew at the Obama rally.



Lakshmi. She is Hindu goddess for light, wealth, beauty and good fortune (I just ask.comed that). Anyway, Uncle Stephen is in the solar biz, and every year they celebrate Lakshmi. She's supposed to come down and see our candles, follow the red path behind me and bless Namaste Solar in all the aforementioned ways. Hopefully she came.





Eden and I were big helpers!









It's a little blurry, but you get the idea. That's the two hellians. We're conspiring already.




Mom held him a TON! She would put Reed and I to bed, and go hold that little man. Not fair!

Eden had a huge Halloween party! That's us looking at all the fixin's for the decorate-your-own cupcakes.



Crazy Hayesy


More Lakshmi. And if you are starting to wonder why Eden always looks like she's talking in pics-it's because she is. Anytime you point a camera at her-"Cheeseburger"!



Uncle Stephen and Leo blessing the Lakshmi statues.



Biz took the time to explain many important details to me. Oh, Obama just won!


Eden like putting the sprinkles on her cupcake best, I think.

Happy Halloween Leo!



Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Just go on, decorate and eat your delicious cupcakes, I'll sit over here, quietly.



The cupcake making station.


Getting ready for the party. All dressed up. I'm not really that much taller than Eden, but I am in heels in this pic.


Uncle Stephen carving our giant pumpkin!


"Cheeseburger". And Opa, gotta love him. I have such a good time with him.


Eden, bobbing for apples.


The next two pics are backwards, but here is me AFTER bobbing!

Bobbing.



Mom thinks she is SOOO funny. She carved it to show my whopping FIVE teeth. I also busted my eye, so she carved a little cut under my eye. I'm glad my pain can humor you, mother.


This is all of us trick or treating on Pearl Street. Let me introduce-Eden and me as Princess Jasmine's, Hayes as the Genie, and Leo as Abu.


Probably not a lot of comments needed here.
Thanks, Biz, for the LOVE!



The whole crazy crew and Eden's awesome Halloween party!

Adios Colorado.... We'll be back!

4 comments:

Bloggin' from the Bayou said...

The kids are so cute! Those cupcakes look delicious, especially the sprinkles.

tory said...

Rub-a-dub-dub, three Simmons grandkids in the tub.

PRICELESS.

Maxanna said...

I love the apple bobbing pictures especially- but it was so much fun to read about the Great Pumpkin Adventure! And I do believe Reeder put Obama over the top in California- her vote was counted and CNN announced that California could be counted in the electoral votes and the rest is history.
PS To Aunt Biz- thanks for making sure that my grandchildren are appropriately introduced to the political process!

Bar-b said...

Reeder and Eden are going to be cousins and the best of friends. Seriously love that idea. Hayes and the little cub too!

Kisses,
me