skip to main |
skip to sidebar
ASU Alum Weekend
Hey everyone! Well, well, well, we have another adventure to report. Apparently, before our mom was a mom, she went to college and played soccer. So, when the coaches sent out an email inviting her back for an alumni game, she wanted to show us her skills. Even though her skills aren't there anymore (we wonder if they existed) we had a great time. I got to go three days without a decent nap and was allowed to stay up until 930 both nights. I was held all weekend by different women and never had to fall asleep on my own. My dad and I also had a lot of good bonding time while mom was frollicking around the field. So, we were both adequately spoiled and loved Arizona. Now we are both a little tired, taking it out on our mom with some sleep deprived behavior, but it's her fault we went in the first place, right?We started the trip by going to a Diamondbacks game on Friday night. My dad is trying to get to every baseball stadium and can now check this one off his list. We had a great time, great ball park, beautiful night. I could see the mountains from our seat above home plate, and kept my eye on a really cool moon while trying not to fall asleep on the way home.
Just hangin' out at the game, having a good time.
I guess our dad used to keep score at baseball games. That's him in the background trying, he gave up and said maybe he'll find his score book again in 18 years. Good luck, dad.
Aren't I cute, sleepin on my old man?
That's the fam, Chase field in the background. Oooh, and they had fireworks when the D-backs scored home runs. Pretty cool. Kinda scary.
OK, so this was a highlight of the weekend-the soccer game. Mom laced 'em up one more time. But things are a little different now. Instead of a half time talk, my mom fed me. See, I'm under the blanket there.
I thought the game was pretty boring.
That's everyone. Alum in white, current players in Maroon. We are front right.
These are all the old chicks. Thats Ivy, Ms. Megan (8-Ivy's mom) Ms. Jaclyn, Hayes, Mom and me. They all played together a long, long time ago.
That's mom with her two future scholarship athletes.
I was exhausted by the time the banquet arrived. I was so tired I fell asleep on my momma. Yes, you someone else holding Hayes in the background and yes, you see a beer bottle that my mom was drinking in the foreground!
That night we all went back to Ms. Jaclyn and Mr. Jason's crib. Mom and Ms. Jaclyn were yapping away so much they put us men to sleep. Remember how I never had to fall asleep on my own...
4 comments:
What an adventure! I got tired just reading about it- And of course my "babies" are sooooooo cute. Too bad Clint about score keeping- your just going to have to take your Mama to more games to watch those younguns! Love you, Grama Max
Looks like a great little vacation! love,b
You all look like you had a so much fun! Where is the rest of the family? Poncho and Lefty?! Love you all, Aunt Boo
First off.... nice shirt Hayes!
You look like a little stud!
Secondly, Captain... you can pick up the scorebook again "someday" and think of the great condition the bookcover will be in!
Last, but not least... Muskrat you are AMAZING! How do you juggle life with 2 rugrats, and continue to be a shining soccer star?
We love you all and can't wait to read about your next adventure!
Post a Comment