We both love to cook! We love to help Big Mama, Grama Max and Grampa Don in the kitchen. Papa Jerry cooks some mean eggs and bacon, but we don't help with that.... Here's me helping BM make some sliders. Oh, and we're heading there in just a bit for more burgers...
Extracurricular? Check. Piano lessons. And I'm good, and I LOVE to practice. Here's where I take lessons-on Grama's fancy piano. Notice the reflection. Interesting...
Don't think I stop with piano. Soccer! Check me out! Go cubs!
I love soccer, too. Did you know my rents both liked this sport?
Here's my Mom being funny. See, she was a defender, Dad was a forward. A little smack talk goes back and forth with this. This is me acting more like my Dad, resting, cherry picking, letting the defenders do all the work. Probably waiting for an outside defender to make some amazing play, get the ball, pass it to me perfectly so I can score an easy goal, like forwards do, you see:).
Glorious, sweet Thomas!!! We went up to meet the infamous train, and did all the other activities they had to offer, too!
I am the luckiest two year old in the world! Thomas! Wow! And we rode the caboose around beautiful Ohio.
And even though my Mom was asking me to smile and say cheese, I just couldn't take my eyes off the amazing blue engine.
And we went for a ride! Thomas pushed us, then pulled us! Wow! Notice our Thomas tattoos. We were decked out for this fantastic day!
And then I got comfortable, relaxed, and enjoyed the ride.
Even us chicks had a great time. Balloon artists, hay mazes, this is my type of place!
And no trip to Cincinnati is complete without at least ONE birthday. Happy Birthday Aunt NikNik. We thought it would be funny to put all her candles on the cake. And we set off the smoke alarm:). That's my cousin Julia, who I love and adore.
Big Day in the life of a Simmons. Alert. Alert. Apparently, my Great Grandpa Simmons came here to get his hair cut, my Papa Jerry, my Uncle Matt, Cooper, even my Mom came here (when she was little and her brother was convinced she was a boy). And, of course, there's the OTHER side of the fam, too-my Dad and Grampa Don. Fourth generation barber experience, how many of you can say that?
Welcome to valleydale barber.
This part is new. Jeremy. He's like, a month old at Valleydale. It was always Jack and Jim, as long as Great Grandpa Simmons went and all the others. Jim had to retire sometime, and, well, enter Jeremy. Not to worry, though, he's ultra conservative, too, so I'm still get all the right wing mumbo jumbo even when living with just my democratic Mom. I'll have to get Papa to take me more often...
And lollipops always make me sit still better.

That's Jim in the background, along with Chris Payne artwork-he was Big Mama and Papa's next door neighbor for a while. Cincinnati is a small town sometimes.
First day of school, and I am READY! I loved it! I've been so excited and looking forward to this for so long. Had my outfit picked out and I woke up with a huge smile! I, however, have been apprehensive from the start and continue with that emotion. I'd be fine never going back, to tell you the truth. My mom, though, has yet to disenroll me. I'm gonna keep working on her...

I kept asking Mom to take more pics of me.

And I sometimes copy...

Ready to go in (I am NOT).

And I thought Big Mama came to the rescue, but, no, she was ready to leave me there, too. Will someone please come and keep me out of school!
That's Jim in the background, along with Chris Payne artwork-he was Big Mama and Papa's next door neighbor for a while. Cincinnati is a small town sometimes.
I kept asking Mom to take more pics of me.
And I sometimes copy...
Ready to go in (I am NOT).
And I thought Big Mama came to the rescue, but, no, she was ready to leave me there, too. Will someone please come and keep me out of school!
2 comments:
Wow! What a change in pace from the desert, I could barely keep up! The kids are so so cute and having a great time.
thanks for the update! the kids are so cute! word on the street is that you had a few visitors this past weekend...blog post please!
Post a Comment