Then this (USAA roadside assistance).
Then this, the snow came back!
All while Mr. Awesome had to go to the closest VW dealership to get a special "key" to unlock the wheel. Who knew Mom had such hot spinners? Here's him figuring out which one fits...
And then we made it on the road again... No more problems. Until the dealership we went to today wanted $69 for a new "key". Mom said, forget the key, put on lugnuts. She's gonna risk someone stealin' her ride! Risky!
I overhear Mom talking to Aunt Bizzy the other morning. Mom's end of the conversation goes on about how they are so far away, how she doesn't have a total bff here yet, how she has no plans the rest of the week. What? What did I just hear? Mom? Are we, yep, looks like it. Mom is now packing and getting ready for a last minute, 1,000 mile, 15 hour, two day road trip to Boulder.
I start packing my necessities. Drop my music box snow globe. That puts us behind just a bit. Mom promises to mail it to some guy name Richard to get it fixed.
Off we go!
Two days later, we arrive to find Biz, Stephen, Eden, Leo and COOPER in Boulder! Cooper is a bonus, he's there on Spring Break! Wahoo, family reunion!
And let me tell you, I LOVE Cooper! And he seemed to have such a great time with me-when he wasn't hanging out with his Boulder BFF's!
We got to take a stroll along a fantastic creek in Boulder. Lots of homeless people making things out of electric tape, but wonderful nonetheless.

And I love my Eden! We had a wonderful time bonding like sisters. We just play, and play, and play!

And my fav, Coop, escaped for some alone time.

And now that I am four, I tend to pull a little attitude sometimes. And Eden just smiles and goes along with it.

Luckily for us, and the ducks, Mom had some crackers in her purse that we all got to feed the ducks. Hopefully none of them had a peanut allergy.

And then we got to walk down teh infamous Pearl Street. While a nice little band was playing Eden and I took this opportunity to dance on pedastools.


And the fun just continues! Malia, Eden's BFF, brought over cannoli to make. It was delicious!

And you may not know this about me but I LOVE to snuggle. And that blue blanket? That's my bit. I love hime. I only snuggle when bit is part of the whole combination.

You won't believe what happened next! We left our little brothers at Amma's house, picked up Opa, and headed for the Denver Aquarium! What fun! Just us, my Mom and Opa!

And on this special day, Mom bought us fish to feed the stingrays! Here is Opa showing us proper feeding instructions...

Here is Eden thinking about feeding it herself, notice the fish is correctly inbetween her fingers...

And this is us watching Opa do it, we ended up just throwing ours into the pool!

And the specialness of the day continued, we got to get our faces painted!

And have lunch right there IN the aquarium by a huge fish take with sharks!

And when your four, and your cousin is three, and it's a special day you get to be in charge! So, when lunch was finished, we went through the entire aquarium again!

Next big adventure, to the farmer's market! This is all of us safely on board the bus, it was WINDY that day and took a lot of effort just to get this far! (Oh, that's Eleana, part of Coop's posse.)

And us boys got our own section of the bus.

Since we were there for the Easter holiday, there is no Easter complete without dying a couple eggs!

Check out our hands!

And the next morning we all got up and hunted for baskets! Eden and I were VERY helpful to our little brothers. See?

You might not believe it but the Easter Bunny hid mine in a closet!
And Eden's in an oven! How silly that Easter Bunny is!

Then, we all got bundled and headed outside where the first Easter Egg hunt was to begin!

BCF! Best Cousins Forever!
Leo and I got in on the action to!

Cheese! That's what Leo says everytime you point the camera at him!

And the Irvin's really got decked out for Easter! What cute siblings!
Oh, and I made a new friend while in Boulder, too. These are the three muskateers. Kosmo, Me, and Leo, my main man!
I start packing my necessities. Drop my music box snow globe. That puts us behind just a bit. Mom promises to mail it to some guy name Richard to get it fixed.
Off we go!
Two days later, we arrive to find Biz, Stephen, Eden, Leo and COOPER in Boulder! Cooper is a bonus, he's there on Spring Break! Wahoo, family reunion!
And let me tell you, I LOVE Cooper! And he seemed to have such a great time with me-when he wasn't hanging out with his Boulder BFF's!
And I love my Eden! We had a wonderful time bonding like sisters. We just play, and play, and play!
And my fav, Coop, escaped for some alone time.
And now that I am four, I tend to pull a little attitude sometimes. And Eden just smiles and goes along with it.
Luckily for us, and the ducks, Mom had some crackers in her purse that we all got to feed the ducks. Hopefully none of them had a peanut allergy.
And then we got to walk down teh infamous Pearl Street. While a nice little band was playing Eden and I took this opportunity to dance on pedastools.
And the fun just continues! Malia, Eden's BFF, brought over cannoli to make. It was delicious!
And you may not know this about me but I LOVE to snuggle. And that blue blanket? That's my bit. I love hime. I only snuggle when bit is part of the whole combination.
You won't believe what happened next! We left our little brothers at Amma's house, picked up Opa, and headed for the Denver Aquarium! What fun! Just us, my Mom and Opa!
And on this special day, Mom bought us fish to feed the stingrays! Here is Opa showing us proper feeding instructions...
Here is Eden thinking about feeding it herself, notice the fish is correctly inbetween her fingers...
And this is us watching Opa do it, we ended up just throwing ours into the pool!
And the specialness of the day continued, we got to get our faces painted!
And have lunch right there IN the aquarium by a huge fish take with sharks!
And when your four, and your cousin is three, and it's a special day you get to be in charge! So, when lunch was finished, we went through the entire aquarium again!
Next big adventure, to the farmer's market! This is all of us safely on board the bus, it was WINDY that day and took a lot of effort just to get this far! (Oh, that's Eleana, part of Coop's posse.)
And us boys got our own section of the bus.
Since we were there for the Easter holiday, there is no Easter complete without dying a couple eggs!
And the next morning we all got up and hunted for baskets! Eden and I were VERY helpful to our little brothers. See?
You might not believe it but the Easter Bunny hid mine in a closet!
Then, we all got bundled and headed outside where the first Easter Egg hunt was to begin!
BCF! Best Cousins Forever!
Cheese! That's what Leo says everytime you point the camera at him!
And the Irvin's really got decked out for Easter! What cute siblings!
PS. A little surprise at the end of this post...a video of Eden and I asking questions to allow passage of a bridge. Enjoy!
4 comments:
What a wonderful time! And such great pics- But my all time favorite has to be Eden's expression with Reeder's "attitude"! Or maybe the "easter basket hug" or maybe...
Well maybe I just loved it all:)
sub saharan africa? or the boom boom boom no it's the zoo! it looks like you all had a nice spontaneous adventure! thanks for the updates!
I have to agree with Maxanna! The picture of reeder and her attitude is too much... eden's face says it all!
What a great trip! Definitely worth the 15 hours and two days!
Post a Comment