Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grand Tetons!

We got on the road, left that crazy KOA in our rear view, and headed north. But not too far. We stopped about 20 miles away at Minnetonka cave.

Loving cousins getting ready. 40 degrees inside that bad boy!


Heading to the mouth...


Please notice the people in this picture. Doesn't my sister look sooooo brave! She's slightly (majorly) claustorphobic so we were hoping for the best at this point.



See ya! She made it to the first "room" and turned back! Yes, I called her names, teased her, made fun of her, all at her expense. What did she expect? She went and hiked around in the fresh air and waited for us patiently. Even had lunch ready when we got out! That doesn't make her tough, though.



Reed took over the camera at this point. Pretty good pics she took to give you and idea of what the cave looked like. I was shocked out how big it was. And at one point you could look down a little hole and see about 150 more feet and another entire part of the cave that we couldn't get through. E probably would've spelunked right down that hole, though....






Reeder's favorite subject...






Her other favorite-the bat. See that little black dot? There it is!






And then, while all other six were sleeping, E and I chatted as we drove into Wyoming. While driving I quickly rooted through my purse just in time to take this shot of all these elkhorns. Pretty cool, don't ya think. And yes, those are trucker fans we have up front to cool us down:).









And there was a little awning issue that led Clint to use the ladder that is on all rvs. We were hoping it led to a hot tub or something, but apparently just for maintenance. Notice all the gorgeous trees? Now we're camping! Grand Teton National Park! It was amazing!!!!









The RV in it's preferred habitat. As well as us in ours:)










And the girls in theirs:)










Let's go fishing in this amazing place! Oooh, the air just tasted so good! I absolutely love the Grand Tetons, favorite part for this chick!













Seriously!













Artsy fartsy sometimes with the camera.














Did you know that E was super naturalist? Actually director at an outdoor school? The Outdoor School. Her nature name was Lupine. That's Lupine with her lupines!





And that's my boy, taking a rest on the trail.





And this was E when we were trying to keep the kids dry. You guessed it, the all ended up with no shoes, no shorts, wading in that water. But, we tried!
So amazing! I look at these pics and am amazed all over again!



Grand Tetons. Aren't those some lucky boys! They should thank their parents forever with good grades, great behavior, and kind words from here on out!


And my hot husband skippin' rocks....





Clint helping the kids fish. Eden loves worms. Just wait...





And Stephen enjoyed a couple minutes of quiet. Just a couple, though, of course.






Worm girl!












And when we got a little antsy, E and I actually went on a hike! Can you believe it? We strapped the boys down, and got a whopping two mile loop in! I'm pretty proud of ourselves, that's a lot of time with this many children. And we talked the entire time-to each other! Wow!





See ya in post 3!

4 comments:

Maxanna said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Has to be one of the most Beautiful places in the world- and you were certainly enjoying.
PS- I love Eden with the worm.

Amber said...

so pretty! i love caves! you should take reeder to the fake cave at the museum center when you are there this fall! it looks like eden and reeder enjoy each other as much as you and E!

Don said...

I think the Tetons are the place I could visit over and over again. Been there twice and want to go again. Named by the French for their spectactular beauty and resemblance to spectactular beauty.

Shan said...

I love Eden even more now because of the worms!!! Too cute! Your old man is one HOT rock skipper.... there, I said it!