Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another Day in the Tetons







I absolutely loved the Tetons. They were so rugged! First glance and they are like big, sharp teeth coming straight out of the Earth. And they never let up. As close as we got to them, they were still just so...aggressive. Absolutely amazing.








We talked a lot about how we should best see this part of Wyoming. I had planned on white water rafting excursion. But upon getting there realized one, it was cold, two, I'm not a 13 year old boy it really doesn't interest me, and three, I'm a Mom, and like nice, calm, family stuff that we can all enjoy. Pretty pathetic, don't you think? And I also just LOVED the national park. So, I scrapped the "rafting the snake" idea and chose instead a float out Colter Bay to get a closer look at the majestic mountains, while being told stories by an elderly man who's knowledge is incredible. With the family.









I think this might be my favorite picture of the trip. Maybe my fb profile pic later. But how can you mess this up?






And Reeder got bored, of course, luckily I had some color by number stashed away. I really think she's quite the beauty these days:).







And Hayes, oh, Hayes. I asked Clint nicely to please hold him by the belt. I didn't want to get in the cold water...








And Leo, always thinking safety!








We actually split up. I repeat, the group actually split up. OK, it was only for an hour or two, but it happened. Our family went on a little loop hike for some more views of those mountains. E's fam went investigating closer to the rv since naps had been an issue for Eden. I guess we can blame Clint for that, though, because he was with all four kids in the rv during nap time while E, Stephen and I went into the bar at the Jackson lodge to watch the world cup semifinal. Priorities, ya know?
This is Reed showing you some nice horse poop. She thought it was VERY funny. And didn't get near it. Ahhh, my clean daughter. She didn't even like the stroller going through it.










Who is planning their next trip to the Tetons as you read this? GO!!!!












Reeder's funny face.












The boys...













Clint is staring into your soul. Yes, he thinks he's funny. Nice mustache.
Oh, he and Stephen decided to grow them. Just you wait and see how this turns out.













Look in the middle and you'll see Clint and Reeder in the distance. Even the rolling hills are amazing in this part of the country.















And that night E and I took Reed adn Eden to the 9 o'clock Moose talk. 9 o'clock! Whew! And thanks to Eden being completely carefree about everything and life, Reeder followed her right up on stage to learn the moose call. There was some super confusing, funny way of folding your hands, then you licked your thumbs (hilarious), put your lips to your thumbs and screamed "here, moosey moosey moosey". Now, think that you are 4, read the last paragraph and you are laughing hysterically! And can't wait to teach your dad.


And Eden tried on the Moose antlers, which are shed every year!







And the girls were outfitted appropriately with glow necklaces and chem sticks (your tax dollars at work, Clint had some extra from work), and loved them!


Another hike! Wholly moly! We took the most amazing short hike with everyone to see the hidden falls near Jenny lake our final morning.
This is Hayes (I almost typed Clint) thinking about proper behavior.
His shirt, let me explain. Holly gave us the great idea of naming the trip "SCHLE2RM". Get it? Stephen, Clint, Hayes, Leo, E, Eden, Reeder, Marianne. I had hats made for the dads, shirts for the rest of us. With a sputtering RV as our logo. Sometimes I think I'm funny.







I do not get mother of the year for this day. Sometimes your sister is tired of bing runner up so you throw the competition. Reeder and I had it that day. So, E, you got the crown for the day. You can see by Reed's face that although we were in probably one of the prettiest places either of us has ever seen, we just weren't that into it. Ah, well, it happens.




Eden with her Papa Bear.


No matter what was happening on the homefront, Reed still loves Eden.


The falls. Amazing!



Then Stephen and I left the other adults to watch the kids and we took off. Literally, see ya! We kept hiking to see Inspiration Point. None of the kids were that willing to hike further, so off we went!


Thought this view kind of made it look a tiny bit hard core?

Stephen, inspired.
Also, he caught the eye of the kids down below so was waving. I'd rather think it was the mood of inspiration point, though.







He's so rugged! The highest peak, Grand Teton, in the background. We'll summit next time, Stephen!





When I'm not pregnant...









The final installment will probably wait until tomorrow. Clint and I have managed to ignore all media outlets today and are now going to watch the World Cup Final. Go Holland!




















5 comments:

Maxanna said...

So funny! And loving the pictures! And you look great! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Amber said...

i love wyoming! i love the pic of hayes about to jump in the water! can't wait for the next installation! and holland?! no...viva espana!

Don said...

Gotta say that Jenny Lake was my favorite place in the Tetons. If you ever go back, go to Inspiration Point and then climb up into the canyon that lies between the two peaks. The best place ever.

Shan said...

when are you gonna invite me and my crew on one of these adventures??? oh wait, we would end up leaving my husband on some random babbling brook along the way and my kid would become an orphan! never mind. looks like SO much fun!

Lucas said...

I swear I could smell the pine trees and feel the sun on my face and the spray of that waterfall on my shins. GORGEOUS!!!! And you are one cute preggo my friend! :)